Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mid-May Daybook


Outside My Window... the sun is shining beautifully, another gorgeous day. We're looking forward to enjoying it.

I'm Listening to... Diego and the chatter of my youngest three as they eat breakfast.

I'm Wearing... pink dingy t-shirt, yoga pants and my hair is pulled back into a pony tail (it is finally long enough and I sport this do often).

I'm Grateful for... the sunshine after a rainy weekend and our small group friends.

I'm Pondering...

"I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
--Psalm 16:8
Just this verse may have to be another blog post.

I'm Reading...

Don't Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman (so good, I highly recommend it. Its one of the best parenting books I have read.)

The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns (I'm rereading this one with a group of friends. We are doing a book club on it over Facebook. It is pretty neat since we are all spread out across the world.)

I'm Thinking... Thursday should be fun as Steve has taken the day off to stain our deck. My mom will be here and so I will probably help him. Redoing our deck has been a huge project for Steve. He has already spent around 13 hours on it. It will be so nice when it is finally done. Hopefully we can knock it out with two of us working on it.

I'm Creating... a plan/schedule for the summer since the kid's last day is next Wednesday. I know I have to have plan so they don't get bored and pester each other therefore driving me crazy.

Hoping and Praying... for our good friends who lost their mother (in-law) yesterday. They are in our thoughts and prayers continually.

Around the House... a bit of spring cleaning here and there. We are getting an egress window put into our basement so we can move the two oldest boys to the basement bedroom. This should give all of the boys a bit more space.

From the Kitchen... menu...done, groceries...done. Now I just have to do something with the brown/black bananas sitting in my fruit bowl.

Weekly Menu...
Sunday - Egg burritos
Monday - Roast, mashed potatoes, peas and crusty bread
Tuesday - Chicken Fajitas with fresh, homemade guacomole
Wednesday - Grilled Pork Chops, Cheesy Potatoes and brocoli
Thursday - Brats, chips and fresh fruit
Friday - Homemade Pizza or Pasties my mom is bringing
Saturday - Hot Dogs

One of my favorite things... my cup of coffee in the morning, especially when I get to drink it all.

A Few Plans for the rest of the week... all about the deck. Hopefully by the end of the weekend, we will have it mostly completed. My mom is coming tomorrow. Leah's kindergarten graduation is on Thursday as is Andrew's last Chorus concert. It is going to be a busy night.

Picture thoughts...
This is the water slide the kids came up with on a hot day last week.

No comments: