Monday, July 12, 2010

Thoughts and Dreams on Blogging

On request by many, I have returned to blogging a bit. I know I haven't been here very much since before we moved back to the US. I haven't even blogged our experiences on moving. I really need to sit down to work a little on those experiences, but for now I am going to do a little here and there. It will probably mostly be about our family life, the children and hopefully move a little more toward inner thoughts and feelings. For a while now, I have had thoughts running through my mind about what I should write about, but have been overwhelmed by the vast amount of information I desire to share. Being overwhelmed stopped me from sharing anything at all. Recently, I decided to no longer let that stop me, but to just blog, even if it is small...baby steps.

I have so much I want to share and sometimes struggle with the right words or the right timing. The past eight months have been hard on me and our family. The move back to the US was harder than any of us could have imagined. I am still struggling with all of the emotions due to the move. I miss our life in the UK. I miss our friends, our church, the culture, etc. My desire is that as I sort things out in my head I will blog them as I feel ready to and as the thoughts come coherently. (So far, none of this post is coherent in my opinion. I just hope I make some bit of sense.)

What I do know is that I love to write, I want to share our experiences from the last 10 or so months, but also that I have seven kids and it is hard to find the time to sit down to write. I'm gonna try, because how ever hard, sad or joyful the last eight months have been I want to remember them.

4 comments:

Holli said...

so glad you are back blogging! and a tip to finding time to blog- at 10:30pm :).
been praying for you and will continue to pray for your transition 'home'!!

Stacey said...

I feel so bad that this has been a rough transition for you! I am praying that the next year home will be a happier one! At least living in England was a great experience for you...filled with lots of happy memories. Try and focus on that. It would be much worse if it was filled with bad ones. Keep blogging! Love the pics. of Zoe with her cereal!

Mike Hartley said...

Hi guys,

Was really great to speak to Steve the other day and it is sooo good to see you blogging again.

You're missed so much by all of us over here - but God has a purpose and a plan and I'm certain that everything will come good soon for you all.

Love & Blessings,
Mike, Katherine and kids

Cathren12 (mom) said...

Marti, you are such an inspiration to me. Keep blogging and talking through your good & tough times. Transitions are tough and I am the queen of not liking change so I feel for you & the family. I'm praying for you all & look forward to reading more of your posts.