Saturday, February 7, 2009

Guess Who's a Big Girl?

This week, Annaliese decided she was a big girl and potty trained herself. It sure did surprise me, because up until a week ago, she hadn't even gone (pee or poop) on the potty. She would sit on it often trying to go, but never did. I don't think she knew what to do. On Wednesday morning, I found her sitting on the toilet upstairs. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I go poop." Sure enough she had. I decided since I was already doing laundry all day I would just put her in underwear. She didn't have any accidents. The next day we did underwear, but she had a couple accidents, but she also pooped on the potty again. For three days straight, she pooped on the potty and not in her underwear. I think I remember that part being the hardest with all the other kids. We are still working at it and she's had a couple accidents, but it is remarkably easy. I love girls. They are so easy to potty train. The boys were all over three and took longer. Sorry, Laura.

2 comments:

Holli said...

I feel the same- love girl(s)! :) Way to go Anna!

Unknown said...

I either have to wait a little longer.. or buy more underwear than the 8 I have for Gray because we only made it until 10:30am and he had already wet 7 of them!!
.....again Laura not Steve. I don't know how to change that??