Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Winter Daybook


Outside My Window

another cold, cold day, but the sun is shining beautifully!

I am Listening to

The kids and grandma playing Old Maid


I am Wearing

I actually put real clothes on today (I had to run into school to drop off cupcakes and go to the book fair with Leah). Wide leg jeans, brown belt, brown longsleeve t-shirt and my slippers (when I go out, my dark brown Uggs)


I am so Grateful for

*my very generous in-laws

*time with my mom

*a box of new crayons

*a sweet little girl who is 6 today

*easy dinners

*the end of homework time

*the sunshine

*good books

*forgiveness

*reconciliation


I'm Pondering -

"Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time.

Vision with action can change the world." --Joel Barker


I am Reading -

The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns ( a life changing book and oh, so good, so good that I don't want to finish it as I feel like I will forget about all the meat therein).

One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp (another life changing book, have to read it slow to soak it all in.)

I am Thinking

It is so great to be healthy again, or at least mostly. I still have a cough, though. I haven't been here in

a couple weeks due to Strep Throat striking me and the boys again.


I am Creating

a couple baby gifts for friends, pillows to decorate the girls beds (at least I hope to, the fabric is

all washed and ready to go. Now for time to sit down at the sewing machine. It probably won't

happen until the end of the week.)


I am Hoping and Praying

HEALTH for the rest of the winter. To seek God consistently and to know His will.


Around the House

Birthday for a special girl today. A little Valentine's decorating.

From the Kitchen

Monday - Chicken soft tacos, grandma's homemade guacamole (yum!)

Tuesday - Macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, broccoli (birthday girls choice)

Wednesday - Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad

Thursday - Chop Suey, Rice, salad (grandma's cooking)

Friday - Homemade Pizza

Saturday - Chili (possibly)

One of My Favorite Things

Children's excitement for their birthday.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week

Birthday plans today. Annual check-ups for the baby and the three year old tomorrow. Shopping

with the little ones and grandma and some sewing at the end of the week.


Picture thoughts


No comments: