Thursday, May 7, 2009

Andrew Turns "9"

I have been little blog overwhelmed lately, with the Ireland trip and all. I completely forgot to blog Andrew's birthday. I am sorry, Andrew. I wanted to do it now so he didn't think I forgot him.

It is hard to believe that, last Saturday, May 2, my baby turned nine. I seriously don't know where the last nine years have gone. I don't even feel old enough to have a nine year old. I guess that is a good thing.


We had a very nice day on Saturday. We started the day with Cinnamon rolls, Andrew's pick. Then the guys headed off to church for a work morning. I got a few things done around the house with the little ones. The weather was absolutely beautiful. We spent the rest of the day working around the yard and such. For dinner, Andrew's choice we grilled hotdogs and steak. Yummy! After dinner, the Houston's, Glenda's family, came down for some cheese cake. The kids all had fun running around and wrestling (Glenda's boys are 14 and our boys love them). The girls had more sofisticated talks with Chloe (12) on the trampoline.

Andrew really like his birthday gifts - Legos, and built them all afternoon. Grandma F. also made him a picture with his name and how he is special written on it. He thought that was pretty neat.

I am pretty sure he had a great birthday. Just the other day, he said, "only four more years until I am a teenager." AAAHHHH! That is scary. The time is going too fast.

We love you, Andrew, and we couldn't imagine our family without you. You witty humour makes our days brighter. The fact that you adore your little brothers and sisters amazes us and how you are so willing to help with them and play with them, especially Nathanael, is a joy for us to watch. Andrew, you are a blessing and we love you. Happy nineth birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No! No! No! No! NO!
Andrew can't be 9! that's crazy! :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!!!
I hope you had a great day! I love and miss you! ♥