Monday, January 24, 2011

Daybook


Outside My Window

Another cold and dreary day.
I am Listening to

The dryer as the towels, dry and one son doing his homework. The others are either napping

or downstairs watching a bit of tv.

I am Wearing

gray longsleeve t-shirt, my yoga pants and slippers

I am so Grateful for

- We all seem to be on the mend. It helps that most of us are on antibiotics.

- naptime

- quietness

- God's Word

- A warm house

- time spent reading with my little ones today

I'm Pondering -

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevail."

Proverbs 19:21

I am Reading -

The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns ( a life changing book and oh, so good, so good that I don't want to finish it as I feel like I will forget about all the meat therein).

Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider (also, so good and very practical)

Somewhere to Belong by Judith Miller

I am Thinking

I should get dinners started and try to coax my 7 year old to do his reading. Why does

homework time have to be so difficult?

I am Creating

I'm not really sure. I need to finish a baby hat that I've been working on. Then, I hope to make

my older girls each a hat. I got some pretty yarn this weekend. I also still have to make those

baby doll slings.

I am Hoping and Praying

HEALTH for the rest of the winter

Around the House

The kids bedrooms need some serious attention. If I can get up the motivation toward the end

of the week, I need to sort and organize in there. The main floor will get cleaned tomorrow.

From the Kitchen

I did the grocery shopping this morning with the three youngest. They were so good. I did bribe

them with donuts, though :)

Monday - Baked potato bar, salad and crusty bread

Tuesday - Chicken Enchiladas, corn

Wednesday - Roast, mashed potatoes and veg

Thursday - Taco Casserole

Friday - Homemade pizza

Saturday - ?

One of My Favorite Things

snuggling with my older boys

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week

Getting the house back in order and still to work family goals and vision for the new year.

Picture thoughts

We had quite the rivalry in our house yesterday

No comments: