Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This is Our Life...

Right now!

Isaiah 40:31
...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I have to admit,

I am WEARY.

I am tired.

I am overwhelmed.

I am helpless.

But, My God is NOT!

Because of His great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
Lamentations 3:22

Another day proves another visit to the doctor's office. This time for Zoe. She came down with a fever in the middle of the night. Since she has been exposed to Strep, I needed to take her in for a test since she is just a baby. Thankfully, her Strep test came back negative. The doctor gave her a good look over though and it turns our she has an ear infection.

Since we were in the doctors office and I had Nate with me, I asked her to check him too. He hasn't had the Strep yet. He hasn't been sick, sick, but he just hasn't felt well. She looked in his ears and he, too, has an ear infection. I'm so glad that I took them both in.

More antibiotics for our family.

Let's see that officially makes it, four on antibiotics for Strep, one on antibiotics for Pink-eye, two taking eye drops for Pink-eye, and two on antibiotics for ear infections. That just leaves Steve and Anna, but Anna finished antibiotics for an ear infection just last week.

I need rest.

I need to fill myself with the promises of God.

I need his strength to get through this, because on my own I can't!

I am so thankful that I have a God who LOVES me!

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
Psalm 62:5

2 comments:

Laura said...

You are awesome Marti! Wish I was closer to help. But then I suppose we would all have strep and pink eye so I wouldn't be much help anyway. :)

Glenda said...

I know this isn't helpful, but I actually think your allergic to America and that you need to look into moving back to England :-)))) Praying all you guys get better really quickly love ya all loads xxx