Friday, January 21, 2011

A New Day



As I pull back the curtains early in the morning, I see the snow gently falling on the trees and the ground. As I look to the back yard, the ground is covered with a NEW, FRESH blanket of snow. It is absolutely beautiful. I realize then, that not only is there fresh, clean white snow covering my yard, but what it covers is just as wonderous.

I am reminded that it is a NEW DAY!

You see, after every new snowfall at least five of my little ones head out to explore, build, play, and roll in the new softness that awaits them. This also means for days or weeks after that, until we get more snow, my yard has tracks, roads made from shovels, partial forts, and toys scattered throughout it. At times, I look out and think it's not pretty anymore. Most of the time it looks quite messy, actually.


As I pulled the curtains open today, it was as if God was whispering to me in the new snow. He was reminding me that it is a new day. That the messy things, the complicated things, the challenges I have faced during the week or even just yesterday are all erased, just as the snow covers the tracks in my yard.

In the stillness and the quiet, I whisper a prayer of thanks to God for making all things new in his time.


No comments: