Monday, January 17, 2011

A January Daybook


Outside My Window

its a cloudy, rainy/snowy kind of day.

I am Listening to

the kids with all their giggling and conversation making new Wii characters. Everyone is off today for Martin Luther King Day.

I am Wearing

Jeans, my new black belt, a black longsleeve t-shirt and bare feet.

I am so Grateful for

the fact that we have medical care and treatment so accessible.

I'm Pondering -

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.


I am Reading -

The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns ( a life changing book and oh, so good, so good that I don't want to finish it as I feel like I will forget about all the meat therein).

Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider (also, so good and very practical)

Somewhere to Belong by Judith Miller (my fiction fix as I have been sick)

I am Thinking

a nap sounds good, but I will probably just end up reading my fiction book the rest of the afternoon instead.

I am Creating

Still thinking of what I will create next, maybe baby baby slings for the girl's dolls.

I am Hoping and Praying

*that I can go with Steve to small group tonight, its been ages since I have been.

*for no one else in the family to get Strep Throat.

*to be feeling better as Steve heads back to work tomorrow.

Around the House

a good cleaning needs to be done tomorrow once everyone is back to work and school. Not much happened over the weekend with mom being sick.

From the Kitchen

Thankfully, I planned our meals for the week and got out to the grocery store before I got sick on Saturday.

Monday - Tuna noodle casserole for kids as mom and dad hope to go out before small group

Tuesday - Tacos, refried beans and applesauce

Wednesday - Chicken and Rice Casserole, salad, veggies and maybe homemade bread

Thursday - Baked Potato Bar and salad

Friday - Sloppy Joes, french fries, and fruit

Saturday - Pizza night or out

desserts and snacks to include: homemade cookies and chocolate souffle

One of My Favorite Things

hearing the kids playing and getting along.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week

Getting the house back in order and still to work family goals and vision for the new year.

Picture thoughts


No comments: