Monday, January 10, 2011

A New Year Daybook


Outside My Window - its cloudy as we await the coming snow storm. Dare I say "Snow Day" tomorrow?

I am Listening to - the dryer with a load of towels in it and little girls drawing and cutting.

I am Wearing - my uniform (black yoga pants and a grey longsleeve t-shirt) and purple slippers - my all-time favorite thing to be wearing.

I am so Grateful for - the opportunity to be a home with my kids, taking the time to paint my little girl's finger nails, napping babies, and quiet.

I'm Pondering -

“God is looking for people through whom He can do the impossible.

What a pity when we plan only the things we can do by ourselves.” -A.W. Tozer

I am Reading - The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns ( a life changing book and oh, so good, so good that I don't want to finish it as I feel like I will forget about all the meat therein).

Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider (also, so good and very practical)

I am Thinking - five minutes will have the boys bursting through the door and it will be homework time, I'm not really ready for this today. Lord, help me get through it!

I am Creating - a fleece and flannel baby blanket for Z.

I am Hoping and Praying - for my two children who are really disliking school right now.

Around the House - everything is pretty tidy as we have a man coming to take appraisal pictures (for our refinancing) in a few minutes. A thorough cleaning needs to be done, though.

From the Kitchen - I planned our menu today, now just to get to the store.

Monday - Poppyseed Chicken, veggies

Tuesday - Taco soup with corn bread

Wednesday - Spaghetti with homemade sauce, garlic bread, peas and salad

Thrusday - Cheeseburgers on the grill, cheesy potatoes, veg

Friday - Quesidillas and chips and salsa

Saturday - Pizza night

also Peanut Butter Swirls sometime soon to fix my craving :)

One of My Favorite Things - cloudy, dreary days with nowhere to go.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week - groceries, cleaning, making a baby blanket, working on my blog by getting a new template and working family goals and vision for the new year.

Picture thoughts:


No comments: