Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mid March Daybook


Outside My Window... its dark since it is 8:30 p.m. It is amazing the difference one hour makes with the time change last night. It has been the weirdest day. Two kids wouldn't nap and I am exhausted. I'm looking forward to bed tonight.

I'm Listening to... the dryer and the chatter of three boys in bed whose bodies are telling them its only 7:30. They need sleep though!

I'm Wearing... my pajama bottoms and my black shirt from the day. I only was able to get halfway changed :)

I'm Grateful for... my husband who occupied the two little ones who didn't nap this afternoon, so I could nap.

I'm Pondering...

"Growth demands a temporary surrender of security." -- Gail Sheehy

I'm Reading...

The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns (I'm rereading this one with a group of friends. We are doing a book club on it over Facebook. It is pretty neat since we are all spread out across the world.)

One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

I'm Thinking... tomorrow is the day I start counting my 1,000 gifts from Ann Voskamp's book. I've been meaning to for weeks now. I even have new journals to begin. I am just having trouble writing down number one. I'm weird like that.

I'm Creating... clean and organized spaces throughout my home. Want to join in check out Project Simplify on Monday.

I'm Hoping and Praying...

*that the baby sleep all night as she is coming down with a cold or something.
*for strength to continue in seeking God.
*for God to reveal his will in a few areas.

Around the House... the house needs an over-haul after the long weekend with the kids home. Monday's are glorious for getting back into routine. I thrive on routine.

From the Kitchen... we made a fresh batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies with M&M's in them this afternoon. Come to think of it I think I might be hearing them and the milk calling my name right now.

We stopped at the grocery store on the way home from church so I could run in a grab something for lunch. While I was in there, I planned the weeks meals in my head and grabbed everything I thought I would need. I think I got everything I will need.

Weekly Menu...
Sunday - Reuben's & Grilled cheese for the one's who didn't want Reuben's (this was Steve's request)
Monday - Penne Pasta, Salad, garlic bread
Tuesday - Lime Chicken Tacos, chips & salsa, grapes
Wednesday - Hamburgers on the grill, roast potatoes and veg
Thursday - Chicken Fajitas
Friday - Homemade Pizza
Saturday - Chicken BBQ's, chips, fruit

One of my favorite things... sharing heart to heart with my husband.

A Few Plans for the rest of the week... cleaning tomorrow and working on Project Simplify toward the end of the week. I don't think we have any appointments this week, but one could possibly pop up with a sick baby. We are also excited to have friends for dinner on both Tuesday and Saturday. It is so good to connect with friends.

Picture thoughts...


No comments: