Friday, March 25, 2011

Project Simplify #3 - Toys

I have to admit this one was a bit overwhelming for me. At Simple Mom this week's challenge also included kids clothes. The fact that I have seven kids each one of those challenges, toys and kids clothes, could possible take me weeks to conquer. At the beginning of the week, I wrote out my priorities regarding this weeks challenge. This is what I came up with...

1. The Game Closet
2. The Girls bedroom
3. The basement toys

I had to make it attainable or I would have given up and gotten nothing done. For all of these areas, I focused on toys and not clothes. That challenge is for another week.

Game closet before

and after

I forgot to take a before picture of the basement, but this is the pile of broken toys or unwanted toys to get rid of.

Basement after (although we still need to get rid of more toys)
It is hard having kids in so many different age ranges. That just equals more toys.

The basement girls dress-up area

I didn't do as much as I should have, but I got a few areas of the house picked up and I feel good about that. The secret is to make your goals attainable, so as not to get overwhelmed. Another project successful. I can't wait to see what next weeks challenge is. Go here on Monday and join me. You can also go here to see how other people organized their toys and kids clothes.

No comments: