Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Last Week of March Daybook


Outside My Window... can you believe it, it's snowing? Where did our nice spring weather go?

I'm Listening to... Dora and my little ones eating breakfast, plus the washer and dryer running as it is laundry day.

I'm Wearing... black yoga pants, long sleeve gray t-shirt. It is cold once again.

I'm Grateful for... meaningful conversations with my mother-in-law after the kids are in bed. It is rare because the kids are usually around.

I'm Pondering...

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given
to you as well. --Matthew 6:33

I'm Reading...

The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns (I'm rereading this one with a group of friends. We are doing a book club on it over Facebook. It is pretty neat since we are all spread out across the world.)

One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

I'm Thinking... of my to-do list for today...dinner in the crockpot, laundry, three kids baths, vacuuming the upstairs...

I'm Creating... clean and organized spaces throughout my home. Want to join in check outProject Simplify on Monday.

I'm Hoping and Praying...

*wisdom
*for strength to continue in seeking God.
*for God to reveal his will in a few areas.
*for some warmer weather.
*no cavities today at the dentist for the two oldest.

Around the House... this week for Project Simplify the challenge area is the pantry and refrigerator. I have been hoping this would be one of the areas covered. Both of mine need it desperately. It will feel good once they are all cleaned out. The upstairs needs some cleaning too (vacuuming and dusting). I also have five bags of kids clothes that I need to get back into the right bins in the basement.

From the Kitchen... I've got a serious craving for some baked goods. I'm thinking I'll be making some cookies or cookie bars soon.

Weekly Menu...
Sunday - Leftover pizza, peanut butter and jelly, fruit
Monday - Steak and ale pie, mashed potatoes, broccoli
Tuesday - Chicken tortilla soup, corn bread, salad
Wednesday - Tacos, applesauce
Thursday - Oatmeal pancakes, bacon, fruit
Friday - Homemade pizza
Saturday - Taco salad

One of my favorite things... climbing into bed to freshly washed sheets.

A Few Plans for the rest of the week... laundry, cleaning, dentist appointment for two, girls night out with small group, planning out next months budget.

Picture thoughts...

1 comment:

Laura said...

You inspire me! :)